Questions? Call Us Today!
December Birthstone Meaning & History
Topaz is allochromatic, which means that its color is caused by impurity elements or defects in its crystal structure rather than by an element of its basic chemical composition. The element chromium causes natural pink, red, and violet-to-purple colors in topaz. Topaz actually has an exceptionally wide color range that, besides brown, includes various tones and saturations of blue, green, yellow, orange, red, pink, and purple. Colorless topaz is plentiful, and is often treated to give it a blue color. Topaz is also pleochroic, meaning that the gem can show different colors in different crystal directions.
At Mark Diamond’s Jewelers
The Mark Diamond’s family is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of quality, value and ethics. We are award-winning custom designers and offer jewelry and watch repair services.
EXCEPTIONAL ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Mark Diamond’s Jewelers is an award-winning custom designer for over 30 years.
- One on one with the client using sketches and CAD
- Exceptional attention to detail
- 4 to 6 weeks production time
- Work in all precious metals
- Work with all gemstones
- Resurrect your old jewelry into something new, wearable and fabulous!
- We recycle your old, unusable metals
- More affordable than one might think
- One-of-a-kind, high quality custom pieces
- Create a new family heirloom