Questions? Call Us Today!
AMETHYST BIRTHSTONE MEANING & HISTORY
The name “amethyst” derives from the Greek amethystos, which means “a remedy against drunkenness,” a benefit long ascribed to the purple birthstone. Because of its wine-like color, early Greek mythology associated the gem with Bacchus, the god of wine. Amethyst was also believed to keep the wearer clear headed and quick witted in battle and business affairs. Renaissance Europeans thought it calmed lovers overrun by passion.
If you celebrate a February birthday, wearing an amethyst can be a symbol of personal empowerment and inner strength.
At Mark Diamond’s Jewelers
The Mark Diamond’s family is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of quality, value and ethics. We are award-winning custom designers and offer jewelry and watch repair services.
EXCEPTIONAL ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Mark Diamond’s Jewelers is an award-winning custom designer for over 30 years.
- One on one with the client using sketches and CAD
- Exceptional attention to detail
- 4 to 6 weeks production time
- Work in all precious metals
- Work with all gemstones
- Resurrect your old jewelry into something new, wearable and fabulous!
- We recycle your old, unusable metals
- More affordable than one might think
- One-of-a-kind, high quality custom pieces
- Create a new family heirloom